- Birth date:
- Keyboards, Production
- Tel Aviv, Israel
- Jordan Rudess, Kevin Moore, Mark Kelly, Tori Amos, Steve Wilson, Dream Theater, Marillion, Spock's Beard, Porcupine Tree, Genesis, Frank Zappa, Yes, Sting, Fish, The Gathering, My Dying Bride, Pain of Salvation, King Crimson.
- Personal bio:
- Shai has been into music since a very young age; Started off listening to classic recordings played by his parents, he was enchanted one fine day around the age of 8 when his father played him a recording of Jean-Michel Jarre's 'Oxygen'. When he asked his father what where those spacy sounds he was listening to, his father answered: 'synthesizer'. Thus began a long, varying journey through the magical world of music.
A short while after first listening to Jarre for the first time, Shai's father got him a small Casio toy keyboard with 100 sounds in it. Shai played with it for a while and then decided that he wants to learn how to play keyboards. Enter a period of 5 wasted years learning how to play toy organs.
- Around the age of 15 came the turning point; By then Shai has joined his junior-high's band. The band drummer's teacher had gotten him into listening to Dream Theater, and Shai wanted to hear what the fuss was all about. At this point it is important to say that the only music Shai was listening to at the time of the events was the Israeli band 'Mashina' and a little bit of Pet-Shop Boys.
- Overwhelmed by the power and complexity of Dream Theater's masterpiece, 'Awake', Shai has completely abandoned all other music and had become a Dream Theater fanatic. Around this era he has decided to stop wasting his time, purchased a Young-Chang piano and started studying piano playing.
- From this first contact with progressive music, Shai's life has been changed completely. One band's influence lead into the discovery of a new band.
- To this day one of Shai's greatest joys is getting into a new band.